CI:Now’s new Viz-a-lyzer is an interactive tool for people to visually explore and analyze (visual… viz… viz-a-lyze… get it?) Bexar County data by zip code tract area and year, with comparisons to Bexar County, Texas, and the United States where available. We’ll be adding new indicators and features several times a year – subscribe to our newsletter to hear when a new release is out.
Many thanks to The Health Collaborative and the Kronkosky Charitable Foundation for the investments that allowed us to build the Viz-a-lyzer. Thanks also to SA2020, The Nonprofit Council, The Health Collaborative’s Data Committee and staff, and the nonprofits that tested an early version to help us make sure we were building a tool that meets local need.
Here are some of the Viz-a-lyzer‘s key features:
- Maps key indicators by zip code area
- Charts a five-year trend line where available
- Spits out an image you can drop directly into your grant application or strategic plan
- Shows you which zip codes are best and worst for a given indicator
- Gives you county and state benchmark data where available
- Lets you filter by school district or county precinct (city council districts coming soon!)
Go here for an introduction to each part of the Viz-a-lyzer – what it tells you and how to use it. Or just head on over to viz.cinow.info and start exploring.