Community Information Now (CI:Now) is hiring a new full-time Training Specialist II to join a small team of passionate, innovative, community-minded, data and community engagement geeks. Combining the best of both the nonprofit and academic worlds, CI:Now’s core staffing is housed at the UT Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) School of Public Health in San Antonio. The position is currently hybrid with at least two days per week in office.
Working closely with a wide array of local nonprofits, public agencies, funders, and collaboratives, the CI:Now team provides timely, trustworthy, useful data to inform the decisions and actions of people working to improve community conditions. Visit our website at CINow.info to learn more about our work.
We are the San Antonio partner in the National Neighborhood Indicators Partnership (NNIP), a network of local data intermediaries in more than 30 U.S. cities. Coordinated by the Urban Institute, NNIP connects independent partner organizations that share a mission to ensure all communities have access to data and the skills to use information to advance equity and well-being across neighborhoods.
We’re making our world better. Join us!
Visit https://uth.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/training-specialist-ii-hybrid-uthealth-san-antonio-tx-15686 to apply. The position is open until filled.
Also see our posting for a Research Coordinator!
This new position plans, develops, coordinates, publicizes, and implements a variety of training courses and programs focused on helping community members use our online data tools, understand the data, and use it to improve community conditions.
- Researches existing data literacy training models and curricula; adapts existing models and curricula for use in San Antonio
- Develops new trainings, help guides and tip sheets, and tutorial videos for CI:Now’s online data tools; modifies offerings based on training participant feedback
- Develops and maintains catalog of virtual and in-person training opportunities
- Organizes and delivers virtual and some in-person trainings
- Seeks community partnership opportunities to host trainings collaboratively, and conducts outreach (currently virtual) to ensure people are aware of training opportunities
- Responds to requests for help with the data platform; logs platform bugs and user requests for additional features or data
- Other duties as assigned to democratize data and support community partners in data-informed decision making
CI:Now is looking for someone who:
- Has basic data literacy
- Has written and verbal fluency in Spanish
- Shows strong written and oral communications skills, including demonstrated skills in accurately communicating data and technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Has solid knowledge of MS Office and Google Workspace
- Has a Bachelor’s degree (or higher) and experience in a related field
The ideal candidate is collaborative, committed to equity, interested in local data, quick to learn new technology, and enjoys working with people. They are flexible, attentive to detail, and comfortable with a wide range of technology. A sense of humor is always welcome!
The position is housed with CI:Now at the School of Public Health in San Antonio (part of UTHealth Houston) and offers excellent benefits. Salary will be based on education, experience, and skills within a range of about $47,000 to $70,000.
To apply, please visit the UTHealth job posting. Please share this announcement with any interested parties.
For more information, please visit the UTHealth HR site at https://uth.referrals.selectminds.com/ or call 713-500-3130.
UTHealth is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment-related activities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law or university policy. Reasonable accommodation, based on disability or religious observances, will be considered in accordance with applicable law and UTHealth policy. The University maintains affirmative action programs with respect to women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and eligible veterans in accordance with applicable law.